A tricky subject for younger students, and certainly not one you should liberally discuss in very conservative countries, relationships of a romantic kind make up a huge part of everyday conversation.
These English conversation questions are for the intermediate to advanced learner, and preferably adults. Below is the full list of questions. You can also download the printable question sheet here.
Conversation questions: Relationships – discussing boyfriends and girlfriends.
1. Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend?
2. What is the most important thing in a successful relationship?
3. What type of person do you go for?
4. Where do you think people usually go on first dates?
5. Do you think going to the movies is romantic?
6. On your perfect date, where would you go? What would you do?
7. Which famous person do you think is attractive?
8. Are you shy when talking to someone of the opposite sex?
9. Are you married?
10. How old would you like to be when you get married?
12. Do you think marriage is a good thing?
14. Would you like to have a big wedding?
16. What is most important in a partner, good looks or a good personality?
17. Are you a romantic person?
18. Is romance important in a relationship?
19. Are teenagers too young to have relationships?
20. Do you think fashion is important in choosing a partner?
21. Did you get any gifts on Valentine’s Day?
22. Is it important for the man to pay for everything on a date?
23. Should a man and woman live together before they are married?
25. Is it wrong for a woman to propose marriage to a man?