This list of English conversation questions will help intermediate ESL students to discuss what motivates them, demotivates them, and how they stay motivated in difficult times.
The full list of conversation questions is below, and you may download the printable version here.
Conversation Questions: Motivation
1. Do you find it easy to motivate yourself?
2. How do you motivate yourself?
3. Do people ever call you lazy?
4. What things motivate you most?
6. What demotivates you most?
8. How do you feel about studying? Are you motivated to do it?
10. Are you motivated to exercise?
12. What do activity do you have no motivation to do?
13. What do you think about people who are super motivated?
14. Do you think you have to enjoy an activity to be motivated to do it?
16. What about things you don’t enjoy but are important?
17. What do you think about self-help strategies? Could they help people?
18. Have you ever used any self-help strategies?
19. What is the difference between motivation and inspiration?
20. Who is the most motivated person you know?
22. Who is the least motivated person you know?
24. Does the weather affect your motivation?
25. Which type of weather and why?
26. How do you stay motivated when you’re not in a good mood?