This list of English conversation questions will help ESL students discuss marriage and families.
You can also download the question sheet here.
English (ESL) Conversation Questions: Marriage & Family
- Do you have a close family?
- What activities do you do with your family?
- Do you enjoy them?
- Are you married?
- When do you want to get married?
- What would your ideal husband/wife look like?
- What would their personality be like?
- Would you like a big wedding?
- How many children would you like?
- Would you prefer boys or girls?
- Do you think a husband and wife should be allowed to divorce?
- Should a man be allowed to have more than one wife at the same time?
- Should abortion be legal?
- Should men work and women stay at home?
- What do you think about stay-at-home dads?
- Are your parents strict?
- How would you punish your children?
- Do you believe hitting your children is a good punishment?
- Should families eat meals together at the table?
- Should gay people be allowed to raise children?
- English (ESL) Conversation Questions: House, Chores, Family, Furniture & Home
- ESL Conversation Questions – Discussing TV
- English (ESL) Conversation Questions: Equal Rights
- ESL Conversation questions: Relationships – boyfriends, girlfriends & marriage
- Intermediate English Conversation Questions: Future – Will, going to