This list of English conversation questions will help the intermediate ESL student discuss happiness and what makes them happy.
You can download the printable question sheet here.
Conversation Questions: Happiness
1. Do you think you are a happy person?
2. What makes you think that?
3. Who is the happiest person you know?
4. How do they act?
5. What 5 things make you happy and why?
6. When were you most happy?
7. Do you have any good ways of cheering yourself up?
8. What do you think of comedy movies and stand-up comedians?
10. Buddhists believe that material things don’t make us happy. What do you think of that?
11. Some monks spend days alone in a cave meditating to achieve true happiness. What do you think of that?
12. Who are happier, adults or children? Why?
13. Do you think people from rich countries are happier than people from poor ones?
14. What is the difference between happiness and joy?
15. When was the last time someone made you feel happy?
16. How do your friends make you happy?
17. What would make you truly happy in the future?
18. What would make you happy now?
19. There is an illness called SAD, where people feel sad during certain seasons. What do you think of this?