These English conversation questions will encourage the intermediate to advanced ESL student to discuss equal rights.
The printable question sheet can also be downloaded here.
English (ESL) Conversation Questions: Equal Rights
1. Do you think everyone is born equal?
3. Should men and women have the same rights?
5. Do you think people of all religions should have the same rights?
7. What about atheists? Do they deserve the same respect as religious people?
8. Do you think people have equal rights in your country?
10. What do you think of gay marriage?
12. Should gay couples be allowed to adopt children?
14. Should women be allowed in the army?
16. Can you think of a situation where people cannot be considered equal?
18. Can you tell me 3 ways people have been treated unfairly in the past?
19. What do you think are our basic human rights?
20. Do you try to treat everyone equally?
21. How are people being treated unfairly today?
22. What changes would you like to make to your country regarding equal rights?
23. Do you think rich people have more rights than poor people?
24. Have you ever experienced ageism? What happened?
25. Are older people treated with the same respect as young people?
26. When have you been treated unequally in your life?