This list of English conversation questions will help intermediate ESL students discuss crime, dangerous neighbourhoods, appropriate punishment, & police efficiency.
You can download the printable question list here.
Conversation Questions: Crime, Police & Punishment
1. Do you live in a dangerous neighbourhood?
2. Have you or your friends ever been a victim of crime?
3. What happened?
4. Is the police force efficient in your country?
6. Is your country considered to have high-crime?
8. Do you think prison is a good way to control crime?
10. What do you think of capital punishment?
12. Do you think killing someone is ever acceptable?
14. Do you think stealing is ever acceptable?
15. Is your country strict with criminals?
16. Do you think it’s better to be strict or lenient with criminals?
17. What is the worst type of crime? Why?
18. What do you think about stoning?
19. What would your parents do to you if they knew you’d broken the law?
20. Do you think the police should carry guns?
22. How would you feel if someone broke into your house?
23. What are the worst areas for crime in your city?
24. Do you think the justice system in your country is fair?
26. What crimes do you usually see in the news?
27. What is the biggest crime story in the news right now?
28. What do you think of it?
29. What is your opinion on serial killers?
30. Has your country had any bad serial killers?