These intermediate ESL Conversation questions will help the English student ask and respond to questions around food, drinks, restaurants and fast food.
The questions are below but you can also download the printable ESL question sheet here.
Conversation Questions: Food, drink & Restaurants
1. Can you tell me 4 different types of meat in English?
2. Can you tell me 10 different types of fruit in English?
3. Do you like fruit?
4. What is your favorite fruit?
5. Is there any type of fruit that you every day?
6. Which fruit do you not like?
7. Do you think fruit is good for you?
8. Do you like vegetables?
9. What is your favorite vegetable?
10. Do your parents make you eat lots of vegetables?
11. What is your favorite food?
12. What is your country’s most famous food?
13. What’s your favorite drink?
15. Do you like coffee?
16. Does your family eat together at night?
17. What food do you hate?
19. Do you usually eat cake on your birthday?
20. Do you prefer sweet or savory foods?
21. How often do you eat out?
22. What is your favorite type of restaurant?
24. What do you usually order at this type of restaurant?
25. Do you know how to cook?
26. Do you like cooking?
27. Do you help your parents cook?
28. Do you go food shopping with your parents?
29. Do you eat much fast food?
30. What is your favorite type of fast food?
31. Do you eat much junk food like chocolate?
32. What junk food do you eat most?
33. Do you think it is a good idea to be a vegetarian?
35. Do you know what a vegan is?
36. What do you eat on a typical day?
37. What do you eat for breakfast?
38. Do you like school lunches?
40. Do you like fizzy drinks?
41. Do you drink alcohol?